Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Letter to baby:

Dear Parker,

There are so many things I want to tell you about.  I'm about to start my journey back to the States so we can welcome you into this world and until last night I don't think that idea had sunk in.  Daddy and I already knew that you've been training for some sport while in my belly but last night you moved in a way that, not only have I not felt before but never seen before!  My belly was completely contorted and I know it was your way of making sure I know you're in there.

I go back and forth between feeling nervous, scared, and excited.  The more time goes on, the more excited I get just thinking about how soon I get to hold you and kiss your sweet little fingers and cheeks and I get to spend every minute teaching you how to make it through this world.  Just promise you'll bare with me little guy, I've never done this before.

You are my child, you are everything to me.  Your life is full of endless possibilities and here a just a few things that I hope for your amazing life ahead of you.  Of course I wish you love and happiness everyday of your life but there are so many other lessons I want you to know.  Never stop learning.  Knowledge is everything.  I want you to listen and share, even if just a little bit, everyday.  Work hard but also have fun.  Please, please take after your daddy with enough drive and determination to try your very best in everything you do.  Be postitive, you'll enjoy life that much more.  Learn the power of unconditional love.  Love everything, yourself, other people, animals and the world we live in.  If you want yourself, as well as others to be happy, then practice compassion.  I can only hope for you to be independent, that you will be able to take care of yourself and make decisions for yourself.  Be a leader, not a follower and think "outside the box".  Be your own person.  Learn to compromise, it is the key to every lasting relationship.  In life, you don't always get everything you want.  Most importantly, follow your dreams.  When you eventually figure out what you desire in life, do what you have to do to do it.  Don't ever give up on it because anything is possible.

You have your whole life ahead of you so please make the most of your time and live your life the very best way that you can.

Love,
Mommy    
  

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I just read this! Totally made me cry! Such sweet words, Sam. You are going to be a great mommy! I finally created a blog so now I can keep up =).

    ReplyDelete