Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

the sauna:


This morning was my second time going to get some blood work here in Dominica and it certainly wasn't as pleasant as the first time.  

I walk over to the apartments and the office door was open, I thought it was a little strange.  I walk in and the temperature was the exact same as the outside, hot and sticky.  The air conditioning was busted.  The little lady that takes my blood called me into her closet sized office where I instantly started pouring sweat the second I sat down.  She closed the door, making the room that much smaller, and then took my paper that I was fanning myself with so at that point I was out of luck.  Slooooowwwllly she writes down my information, slloooooowwwwly she takes my money, then a knock at the door.  The mail guy brought in a box of mail and I would just assume she'd put it down until she was finished with me but no.  She starts opening up each piece of mail, one by one.  Then starts counting money.  I'm sitting there thinking, "You've got to be kidding me lady"  Sweat is literally dripping off of my forearms, off of my face on to the floor.  It was probably one of the most uncomfortable situations I have ever been in.  Finally after 15 minutes she looks up at me and comments about how wet I am and hands me cheap Dominican toilet paper to "wipe myself up with out in the fresh air" (that's what she told me to do).  I had to call someone to help me out here cause I was literally going to drop to the floor in my pool of sweat.  Erin comes by, laughs at me because I have toilet paper stuck to my face and chest and comes in the room while she takes my blood.  Of course the lady can't find my vein.  Then, she gets a phone call...."oh well the air conditioning light is on but it's not working..." She puts the phone down and hits the ac button.  It turns on.  ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS PRESS THE BUTTON LADY!
I thought I was going to die.  

I walked home, put on my pjs, turned on the ac and took a nap till lunch.

I'm going through this because I love you little man!


Days till I touch American soil = 23!








No comments:

Post a Comment