Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

the dominican dr.'s appointment:

I had a monthly appointment today at the Dr.'s office in Roseau.  Brandon was busy interviewing at a clinic so I went by myself.  He went over my blood work from last month and said that everything is normal.  The only thing that could cause concern is that my blood type is negative therefore I have to get a series of shots later in the pregnancy so just in case my blood and the baby's blood mixes for some strange reason, the antibodies that my body would produce won't cause any harm to this, or future babies.  The Dr. then measured my stomach (15 cm) and told me that the baby is brewing just fine!

Like I said, Brandon went to a clinic this afternoon that was 45 minutes away to interview a patient for one of his classes.  Not only did he go to the clinic but he went to one of the local women's houses to conduct the interview.  He said she was the cutest thing, a little 80 year old woman with typical Dominican ailments: high blood pressure and diabetes.  After that, he and his partner went back to the clinic to de-brief.  You should have seen him, he looked so handsome in his dress clothes :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment